Hofstra University received its designation as a federal depository library in 1964 from Congressman John W. Wydler. In the over 50 years of our existence we have built a very fine collection of materials, both current and archival. In 1989, upon its 25th anniversary, the depository was named for Congressman Wydler whose congressional papers were donated to the University. In 2012, the depository library transitioned to a primarily online collection, providing access to electronic government information.
The John W. Wydler Federal Depository provides access to federal government information in areas such as the following: congressional committee hearings, bills, reports, Public Laws, the Congressional Record and its predecessor titles, Serial Set documents and reports, and publications from most federal agencies and departments. Specialized finding aids include the Catalog of Government Publications, Congressional Publications and GovInfo.gov. Selected privately published resources are also acquired.
This site is compliant with the W3C-WAI Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
HOFSTRA UNIVERSITY Hempstead, NY 11549-1000 (516) 463-6600 © 2000-2009 Hofstra University