Skip to main content
Accessing Simmons Insights
- Browers supported are limited to:
- Chrome 60.0.3112 and above
- Firefox 56.0 and above
- You can access Simmons Insights on- or off-campus
- Start at the Library Homepage [www.hofstra.edu/library]
- Click on the box Databases by Subject
- Then click on the down arrow in the box labeled Select a Subject Category
- Click Accounting/Business/Finance/Marketing and click GO
- Scroll to Simmons Insights and click
- Follow the prompts
- Hofstra licenses access to Simmons Insights under an academic license
- Under the terms of an academic license
- the most current data available is 2 years old
- the interface is the most current
- there is a limit of 10 simultaneous users
- The subscription is limited to the ESSENTIALS component
What is Simmons Insights
Simmons Insights is an application used by marketers to target their marketing campaigns. It looks at US adult consumers and queries them about their demographics, attitudes, purchasing habits and media habits.
All surveys use questions and answers. Your distinct disadvantage is that you have never seen the survey, so you do not know the questions and how they are catergorized.
This LibGuide will guide you through the basics of using Simmons Insights.
This site is compliant with the W3C-WAI Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
HOFSTRA UNIVERSITY Hempstead, NY 11549-1000 (516) 463-6600 © 2000-2009 Hofstra University