This libguide was created by Prof. Carol Simon.
Prof. Simon will be retired on 8/31/22.
Please contact Annmarie Boyle - firstname.lastname@example.org - if you have any questions about the content of this guide.
1. The subscription to Factiva allows 6 users at any one time
2. If the browser is inactive for 8 minutes you will be logged out of the application
3. The interface is set to search the past 3 months; change it to all dates
4. Factiva brings together data from around the world; over 18,000 sources
1. Start at the Library's Homepage www.hofstra.edu/library
2. Open the blue box on the left side of the screen called Databases by Subject
3. Click on the A - Z link and click on F
4. Click on Factiva
1. You can search using the free-text box
2. Restrict your search to the Wall Street Journal type SC=J in the free text box
3. Use () to hold phrases together
4. Combine phrases and words using the logical operators
5. This is an example of the syntax of a search for articles about bitcoin or cryptocurrency in the Wall Street Journal
1. Click on the tab - News Pages
2. Click on the Factiva Pages link
3. The Wall Street Journal is the first paper to appear
4. You can see the paper by section and date using the drop-down arrows
Ask a Librarian at the Reference Desk or
Click on the Questions link at the Library's Homepage or
This site is compliant with the W3C-WAI Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
HOFSTRA UNIVERSITY Hempstead, NY 11549-1000 (516) 463-6600 © 2000-2009 Hofstra University